VSK Portland Cement Plants
Cement Industry Plants - MIPL provides set up for cement plants and the equipments and engineering technology required for the correct operation of these plants. The cement plant adopts the VSK technology which is widely used in this sector to manufacture clinker on small scale. The raw materials used in VSK technology are -:
|4.||Iron Dust||1% if required|
VSK Technology It technology is used to manufacture clinker on small scale. The plant is small and easy to operate.
The Raw Materials :
The process is divided in three parts:
1. Raw Mill Section
2. Kiln Section
3. Clinker Grinding Section
1. Raw Mill Section :All the raw material should be less than 25 mm otherwise it has to be crushed with a crusher and hammer mill. All raw materials are kept in storage via belt conveyors. These raw materials are provided as required by the process with the help of weigh belts. The feeding is controlled through a rachet feeder/table
2. kiln Section : From surge silo the mixed raw materials are taken to the nodulizer via screw conveyor. Water is sprayed on them to make a cluster, These nodules are fed into kiln for fusion and burning. The materials get fused together and after passing through burning zone start to cool slowly. The clinker process starts and clinker finally comes out of the kiln.
3. Clinker Grinding Section :The crushers/rollers are used to crush the clinker. Gypsum is used as an additive then both materials are crushed and are collected by feeders .gypsum is added to the mixture in a small amount usually 5% to manipulate how the cement will set, a weighing belt is used to weigh the additive. A rachet table/feeder is used to control the quantity fed to the mill and quality of the cement, finally the cement is provided with a good air circulation and stored in silos by elevator lifts. The final product is packed in 50 kg bags and is taken for storage in the godown via belt conveyor. Units are then dispatched according to the demand and requirements of the client. Pollution control devices are needed as dusting may occur in the plant.
VRRK:- The latest technology in mini cement plants (30 TPD to 300 TPD capacity) Raw Materials :
1.Limestone (purity not less than 88% Total Carbonate)
2.Clay ( Black Soil ) should be buttery
3.Coke Breeze / Petro Coke
4.Laterite ( Used if Clay do not have 16% Fe2O3)
5.Gypsum (Additive used during Clinker Grinding) :
1. Raw Mill Section : All the raw materials should be less than 25 mm, otherwise it has to be crushed with a crusher and hammer mill. All raw materials are kept in storage via belt conveyors. These raw materials are to be fed as required by the process with the help of weigh belts. The feeding is controlled through a rachet feeder/ table
2. Kiln Section : - From surge silo the mixed raw materials are taken to noduliser via screw conveyor. Water is sprayed on them to make nodules, these nodules are fed into kiln for fusion and burning. The material gets fused together and after passing through burning zone start to cool slowly. The clinker process starts and clinker finally comes out of the kiln.
3. Clinker Grinding Section : the crushers/rollers are used to crush the clinker. Gypsum is used as an additive then both materials are crushed and are collected by feeders .gypsum is added to the mixture in a small amount usually 5% to manipulate how the cement will set, A weighing belt is used to weigh the additive. A rachet/table /feeder is used to control the quantity fed to the mill and quality of the cement, finally the cement is provided with a good air circulation and stored in silos by elevator lifts. The final product is then machine packed in 50 kg bags and stored in the storage rooms via belt conveyor. Units are then dispatched as the requirement of the client .Pollution control devices are needed as dusting may occur in the plant.
Clinker Grinding Units
MANUFACTURING PROCESS FOR CEMENT
The clinker grinding plant requires three raw materials –:
1. Clinker :Clinker is produced by our own clinker grinding units which are set up in India, Indonesia, China and the gulf and European countries.
2. Gypsum :Gypsum is available locally in the market and can be obtained easily
3. Additives : Additives play a vital role in the process and vary in accordance with the type of cement , such as for making slag cement slag from the iron industry is used as an additive ,and to produce pozzolona cement bricks which get more burned and fly ash from the thermal power plants are used.
Additives are selected for use on the grounds of availability and on economical basis, an important factor for additive selection is the demand of specific cement.Every raw material is passed through various laboratory tests for quality.
All the raw materials should be less than 25 mm .The raw materials have to be crushed with a jaw crusher so that there should be no lumps. All raw materials are fed to their hoppers via belt conveyors or elevators. These Hoppers have feeding systems which are connected with automatic measuring and control system).The measured amount of raw materials is then feeded to the weighing trolley/conveyor belt after that it is carried to the discharge hopper. The mixture is carried to the mill feed hopper with the help of elevators .The amount of dispersion from the mill feed hopper is regulated by an adjustable speed rotary feeder so that the amount of material produced in the mill can be controlled as the requirement. The rotary feeder then circumfuses the material into the cement mill which contains three chambers filled with grinding media like balls and cylindrical grinding pebbles called cylpebs. The finely grinded mixture (3500 cm²/gm) is then carried from the mill by elevator for storage and aeration. Aeration is provided in the silo with compressed air coils. The aeration process cools down the cement and after that the cement is packaged by the help of packaging machine into 50kg bags. Finally the cement from the bags is tested for quality and other specifications and guidelines provided by the government.
ROTARY KILN (Capacity 400 TPD To 3000 TPD)
The rotary kiln is cylindrical in shape and is made from mild steel plate which is outlined with firebrick. The kiln is inclined slightly to its axis so that it can rotate slowly with speeds between 30 and 200 revolutions per hour. The raw material is fed into the upper end of the vessel and the rotation allows the mixture to gradually move down to the lower end of the kiln. The fuel is passed into the lower end of the kiln which produces a huge coaxial flame, as the raw mixture passes below the flame it gets heated and reaches its peak temperature and is then poured into the cooler from the kiln. To combust the fuel air is first pumped out of the cooler and then from the kiln. Air in the cooler gets heated by the hot clinker which cools slowly in the cooler in order to maintain a temperature between 350 to 850˚C before entering into the kiln, This allows the fuel to burn quickly and intensively.
The rotary kiln continues to run 24 hours a day and is stopped only for maintenance purposes once or twice in a year, The maintenance work is essential as the heating and cooling down of the kiln are lengthy processes and they cause wear and tear in the kiln. The maximum continuous running achieved is 18 months till now.
Advantages of Rotary Kiln
- Maintenance cost is low
- Ease of Operation
- Yielding period is short
- Efficacy in consumption of power
- Adequate fuel savings
- Installation expenses are low
- Verified trouble proof technology
Process Of Cement
1. Transportation of raw materials and grinding
2. The burning raw mixture in the kiln is processed with pre-heater and pre-calciner(increases thermal efficiency)
3. Grinding of clinker
4. . Packaging and storing
Mini Cement Plant
We undertake cement plants project at an affordable price to all our customers worldwide. All our manufactured cement making machines including vertical shaft kiln and clinker grinding unit are functionally and mechanically superior then the ordinary cement plants. Our mini cement plants are :
VRRK:- Latest Technology in Mini Cement Plant :- Capacity ( 30 TPD TO 300 TPD )
The Raw Materials :
1. Limestone (purity not less than 88% Total Carbonate)
2. Clay ( Black Soil ) should be buttery
3. Coke Breeze / Petro Coke
4. Laterite ( Used if Clay do not have 16% Fe2O3)
5. Gypsum (Additive used during Clinker Grinding)
VSK Technology is used to manufacture clinker on small scale. The plant is small and easy to operate. The Raw Materials :
|4.||Iron Dust||1% if required|
The process is divided in three parts
1. Raw Mill Section
2. kiln Section
3. Clinker Grinding Section
1. Raw Mill Section : All the raw materials should be of less than 25 mm size. If the size of the raw material is bigger than 25 mm, It has to be crushed through a crusher and Hammer Mill. All the materials are crushed stored in the storage yards through belt conveyors.
Now, the raw materials are taken as per their required percentage with the help of a weigh belts( Control by PLC ).The measured materials is went to feed belt conveyor and after that shifted to a feed hopper through elevator .The feed of material is controlled with the help if ratchet Feeder/Table feeder.
2. Kiln Section : From Surge silo the mixed raw materials are taken to Nodulizer with the help of a screw conveyor.Then water is sprayed on the mix (10%) to make nodules with the help of nodulizer. These nodules are fed into the kiln through feed chute for burning and Fusion. The temperature goes up to 1350OC in the burning zone. The material travels very slowly in the kiln. All the material get fused here. After passing through the burning zone the material starts cooling slowly. The Clinkerisation starts and the clinker finally comes out of the kiln.
3. Clinker Grinding Section : The clinker so obtained is crushed to make its size less than 25 mm. The crushers/Roller crusher are used to crush the clinker. The Gypsum is used as an additive. Both material crushed together and went into feed hoppers through elevator. They are collected through the feeders provided below the feed hoppers. The clinker and gypsum are mixed in certain ratios (5%). So, the weigh belt is used to weigh the ingredients for mixing. A modern electronic weighing & control system may also be used to weigh and measure the ingredients The ratchet/Tables feeder is used to control the feed in the mill and control the fineness of the Cement.
The ground Cement is taken to the aeration and storage silo with the help of elevator or air lift.The aerated Cement is filled in 50Kg bags with the help of packing machine. The product is stored in the godown through belt conveyor and stacking/dispatched as per requirements. The pollution control equipments are necessary as there may be dusting in the plant.
Cement Plant Equipment
- Ball Mills
- Jaw Crusher
- Ratchet Feeder
- Packing Machine
- Pollution Control Device
- Air Sliders and Air Lifters
Cement Plant R & D
Megatech international is a reputed and well known manufacturer of cement, Fertilizer, Chemical and Sugar plants and equipments. We emphasize on research and development methodologies to deliver products that are of great efficiency and with innovative engineering our products are continuously evolving. Our products are unmatched in terms of quality and efficiency, Besides equipment we also offer effective solutions with required specialization in the small, medium and large scale cement plants. We conduct research and development in these areas
Our Process Expertise
- Our turnkey cement plants are well recognized in the cement manufacturing industry
- Other than equipment supply, we also offer complete solutions with specialization in field of small, medium and large scale cement plants
- Production backed by experienced team that allow us to manufacture cement plant in exact specifications as demanded by the customers
Areas Of R & D
Some of the specific work areas we conduct research on include:
We conduct research in the calciner facility which turns high level liquid waste into solid state using the heat and airflow.
Research is done in areas of mills to boost the functionality of air swept vertical roller mills which carry out various coal grinding operations. These vertical roller mills are capable to handle all types of coal and to make them efficient in terms of energy consumption and cost research is conducted on them.
In order to ensure high efficiency which means high production capacity at lower cost, Research is performed on kiln inlet. Research is also done to reduce the maintainance requirements with a high run time.
Pre Heater Outlet
We perform research in the area of clinker production. As we have a rich experience in the field of clinker production we configure gas analysis systems that also ensure required safety policies.
Research on stack emissions is done by the analysis of gas emissions which allows us to record concentration of various gases as they come out of the stack. This helps in reducing the emission of gases from cement plants to meet the legislative or government decided standards for environment pollution.
Pozzolana Making Plant
In the field of engineering MIPL did a tremendous job to introduce a new technology which is first time in the world i.e by installing a Pozzolana plant in Ghana by using Clay and Palm husk as raw material. This pozzolana used as an additive in converting OPC to PPC Cement.
History : Natural Pozzolana
Magma & Volcainic ash is called Natural Pozzolana. This is best additives for OPC Cement convert to PPC Cement. The natural pozzolana is not available everywhere. First time MIPL develop this new technology in which simple clay as raw material and any type of husk or coke are used as fuel. The natural Pozzolana is the only natural material that can be used as such with lime to form cement able to harden and resist indefinitely in water.